First is a grouping of some of my favourite projects I created in 2010. Some of the descriptions have links if you would like to view more about it.
1. This is the first year I finally had time to make a birthday cake for Belle. She had a fairy party so the cake is filled with handmade sugar flowers and snowflakes.
2. A mini book I made about Belles trip to Disney the previous October.
3. This is one of my favourite pictures of my Nephew.
4. The start of my Miniature Scrapbook Shoppe. It is still in the works.
5. My first Art journal page I attempted.
6. Page I did using paint, chipboard and handmade lace flowers.
7. Beach album .
8. Altered dress form.
9. This project was made as a gift for my Dad from a Domino box. The door opened to reveal a foldout album.
10. This was a flower I did for one of the teachers who was leaving to another school. 11. Belles Christmas dress I made this year.
12. A Shabby design frame I made with a favourite Easter Pic of Belle.
13. Page I did of Belle for an Anything Goes challenge using “B” theme.
14. A card I made that won me a signed Tim Holtz On the Edge Die.
15. This is probably my favourite layout from the year . It has hidden journaling about the photo. I have finally begun to scrap some of these photos from that period in my life.
There is one more project that was probably my favourite I made this year as I put allot of special touches in it and it was for my husbands B-day. I had also submitted it to the stamper of the year contest for Craft Stamper Magazine. It was shortlisted for the Scrapbooker of the year category so I had to mail it in. It did not win but they are holding it for a possible later publication in 2011 so I am waiting until it is back to show it. Fingers crossed it will get published.
Next are some of my favourite ATC's and Tags I had done in 2010.
1. Seaside ATC’s for ATC Swappers July Swap.
2. These were my September ATC's for the Stamp Man ATC Swap. The card in the middle(blue)was featured ATC of the Month from The Stamp man.
3. Stamp Man Swaps October travel theme.
4. ATC Swappers Halloween theme.
5. Tag I made for the 12 tags of Christmas Day 5 by Tim Holtz.
6. Another tag made for Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas day 3.
7. ATC’s I made using my new Napkin Collage kit from US Artquest.
8. ATC’s made for ATC swappers May.
9. A Christmas ATC I made using stamps from The stamp man and Basic Grey.
10. My first tag I made for this years 12 Tags by Tim Holtz.
The next set are my top 5 places we visited throughout the past year.
1. Filey Beach UK
3. Roslyn Chapel – Scotland
5. Hilton Head South Carolina USA
And finally is a group of my favourite photos and things throughout 2010.
1. Angel of the North – Northern England
2. Belle and Casey get a visit together while we are in NJ.
3. Belle(Fish Whisperer) feeds the fish at Burnby gardens.
4. The girls do some paper fashion designing.
5. Lighting a candle in Our Lady church for Mom, Gram and others we lost.
6. Fishing with Grandpa in NC.
7. Belle learns to swim in the deep end !
8. Going to see the Chinese Circus.
9. The baby birds we had above our front door all spring.
10. A card the kids at school made for me for helping out in class.
11. Driving up the Eastern English coast.
12. Hummingbirds at Dads in NC that come right up to your face.
13. A beautiful album made for me by a dear friend.
14. During a trip to the states Belle makes “Ice Art” with icicles and food dye.
15. A beautiful Sunrise after days of snow.
16. My loyal furbaby who is always at my side.
17. Belle learns to use the sewing machine and makes a hat.
18. Finding out about some of my family heritage on a tour in Scotland.
19. Our Halloween Party with lots of scary party nibbles.
20. Kissing cousins……
21. Snowman number 2 during the big snow in December.
22. A shot of the ice on spider webs.
Well 2010 was definitely a year of changes. It was our first full year living over here in the UK. I have made some wonderful new friends here and been missing some good ones back home while also losing touch with some I though would be there. It's funny how things work out. 2010 brought ups and downs although more up than down. It was a year of reflection as I have had more time to myself to come to terms with losing my mother some years ago and the other things that accompanied those few years. I think in all though that it has been a good journey and helped me to move forward. Health issues were in question as 2010 began but were resolved and we managed to end the year on a healthy note for a change. I have managed to be able to keep several of my plants alive in 2010 also and even had to re pot them (this is a major thing for me as I normally kill any plant within a week). in 2010 I found a new inspiration working and volunteering with young children at school. I have found I really enjoy helping them to read and learn. it is so rewarding. I have also had more time to focus on my art and even to teach my crafts a bit and definitely focus on my blog. I have met so many wonderful people though my blogging(Some I hope will become long term friends) and found so much inspiration. there have been many wonderful swaps and a new found love of ATC's. In 2010 We learned that my Brother and SIL are expecting (this is truly a miracle and a very special one at that)their little bundle of joy should arrive very soon and I cannot wait. So while 2010 brought changes it was still one of the best years we have had in quite a long time.
I hope you have enjoyed my review of the year and have a wonderful new year.And
Thanks to all my blogging friends and followers for helping make 2010 such a wonderful year. I look forward to 2011. Angela