Thursday 8 July 2010

One down and many more to go.

Do you remember that pile of papers the kids did yesterday that we are making into a flower pin for the teacher?


Well here is the flower I put together from it.

The kids cut most of the papers into heart shapes with a rounded bottom. I cut the ones for the children that could not. They were in sizes from small to large(Y2 large, Y1 Meium and reception small. I inked all the edges with distress ink, then I stacked them all in sizes and punched a hole in the bottom. Each was then placed on a brad decorated side down(towards top of brad)small to large. Fasten the brad and fan out the petals. Scrunch and add pin on bottom then you are done. I kind of liked how it turned out and the best part is that all the kids contributed a petal they made into it. When I was having them make the petals I tried to have them each use only one colour with the stamping but that did not go over well and I was terrified it would be to busy but it isn't. If you look close you can even see some of the artwork some of the kids drew. Hope you like it. Now back to start on my ATC's. Have a wonderful day. Angela

2 comments:

Dawnll said...

My goodness that is amazing! I wondered yesterday when you said you were making something out of a pile of drawings. I truly am amazed. Thanks for sharing.

Poppet said...

This is fantastic Angela. All the other teachers will be soooo jealous. The flower is gorgeous and all the children should be so proud of themselves (not to mention you too) :-) xx