Friday 9 July 2010

On a roll...ATC swappers July swap

Yesterday was a busy day, I was able to spend some of the day(part of it I had to catch up on cleaning)working in my studio. I got most of my ATC's for swaps done after many trial and errors on what I wanted to do here is the first batch for ATC Swappers July swap where the theme is seeing quadruple. We had to create 4 of the same cards for any theme we wanted. I chose beach since it is summer.

I used glossy paper to start with. I then stamped the image(Stampin up- I loved these images)using stazon black. Next the background was inked using Faded jeans distress ink. Once dry I used bleach to remove the colour from the body(head,hands and shirt) and added colours using old paper, brushed cooduroy, barn door and faded jean. Here is a closeup.

finally I added my sand mix(no it is not really sand)to the card, placed the shells in and a bit of glossy accents mixed with faded jean as the water. the seaside word is hand written. My posting for the stampman ATC challenge can be viewed here. (did not want to put too many postings in a day here) Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Angela

4 comments:

Poppet said...

Great ATCs Angela, I hope I get one of these. I love the seaside theme. :-) xx

Dawnll said...

Amazing job! Makes me want to go to the beach, great job on these.

Andrea said...

My first time posting to your blog and a lovely one it is too. A wonderful set of ATCs.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh Angela...
I so wish I had your creativity and time to sit and play and make these beautiful little pieces of artwork from scratch!!!!! Amazing girl!!!!
I'm always in a fast rush :(

I am SO in love with the kid's flower! I saw all those stamped paper sheets and was just in AWE with that beautiful flower you made!!!!!

I'm gonna say again girlie, you are AMAZING!!!!!!
:)