Saturday 23 October 2010

I'm still here....just a bit crazed at the moment and ATC Swap.

A house full of sickies and a few deadlines to make along with an unexpected house guest has left very little time for blogging lately. I am finally done with the projects and the sickies are finally feeling a bit better myself included and the house guest is soon on the way to the airport. I was able to go visit "The stamp Man" last weekend while DH was entertaining up in the area for work. I got to see my ATC up on the wall, How exciting! and they were having some lovely make n takes so Belle played a bit while I got to catch up with everyone. Here are my ATC's for this months ATC swap over at The Stamp Man. The theme is Travel. I had a differnt idea but after many tries it really dod not work so I cleared the slate and started over. Here they are:


The Paris ATC uses a Stamp from Hero ArtsEmbossed with midnight copper Obsidian Moon Glow powder.(loving this embossing powder!) I then sponged the background with distress inks and stamped white designs on the background with an Anna Griffin stamp. I then stamped a floral swirl along the side with Tim Holtz stamps and distress ink. Once dry I wiped everything with a baby wipe and then added some white accents using Dylusions white paint and a plastic card.



The Egypt ATC is made using gold foiling on the title stamp, accents and edging. the background is stamped in Old paper distress ink using a mesh stamp out of a holiday set from The Stamp Man. The face and title stamps are Art impressions. The face is coloured with promarkers and the headpiece is added using fusible webbig dipped in Moon glow embossing powders. There is then more fusible webbing heated on top of the headpiece to make it look old. This is the first time I used the fusible webbing and I absolutely love it. I gotta get me more of that!


The Asian ATC is done using UTEE and Moon glow powders along with stazon. The stamps are from Habico. I then cracked the UTEE and foiled the edges of the card. It is hard to see all the detail. this is one that looks much better in person. I was going for the old China pottery look.

Now it is off to bed for the start of a busy week. Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful weekend. Angela

6 comments:

Poppet said...

I love the way your ATCs have so much dimension Angela. All the embossing and fusing were well worth it. I think my favourite is the Egypt ATC, the gold foiling and headress look fab. Have a great day and I hope everyone is better now. :-) xx

Lynne said...

Hi Angela. Hope you are getting a chance to rest a little now it is half term. Take care talk soon. Love Lynne xx

Julie said...

great atc's they look gorgeous.

Joan said...

great ATCs ,a lot of interest and texture, I would be more than happy to get any one of these in the swap !

Anita Wells said...

Hi Angela,

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I hope I get one of your atcs in the swap they are gorgeous. Anita x

mandysea said...

Wow, these are really arty and beautiful!!