A close up of the skirt reveals the layers. Each individually folded and layered on.
I used some of the paper to trim the flowers too to tie it all together. The Picture is of Belle dressed in a "Belle" ballerina costume that was a bit too big for her at the time. It is one of my favourite pictures.
A side view of the dress.
I wanted to create a Ballerina dress and wanted the tutu to be made from layers of Music paper. I used 7 Gypsies papers and tore them in strips. I then layered each with torn strips of mesh and lace. I alternated light and dark patterns. the top of the dress is made from a fancy paper I found at a local store although I do not know the manufacturer. It is a really delicate flocked floral. the flowers and leaves are Prima. Some were trimmed and layered as needed. the charm is Karen Foster and the Ribbons and Lace are from my stash. The dress form is a wire form from Range. Well I hope I made it in time over at Lets Get Shabby. I had all good intentions of getting done early with this one but finding the materials proved to be my roadblock. Thanks for stopping in and hope you enjoy the remainder of your weekend. Angela