Wednesday 2 February 2011

I'm an Auntie again and Journal week 4 and 5.

First off I need to share with you a picture of my new little nephew Albert. My brother and his wife have waited many years for a child and they have been blessed with this beautiful little Angel. I am so happy for them and cannot wait to actually visit with my new nephew in person although being over 3000 miles away that will have to wait until out next trip across the pond. Isn't he just a doll! Those cheeks just look so pinchable.....
So no onto other things....
I finally got my Journal for the weekly challenge at UK Stampers caught up. Week 4's prompts was Sweets along with the following :

List 5 sweets you remember from your childhood.
Where did you buy them and what did they cost?
Include some kind of sweetie wrappers on your page.


so here is my page...

I used Dylusions inks to colour white paper and cut it up into small bits. I also cut up a gum wrapper. I then placed a double sided sticky paper over my entire page and placed the bits like a mosaic. once complete I covered the sheet with clear embossing powder and brushed off excess witha paint brush. I then heat set the embossing powder and glossed the tile bits. I added the journaling and inked the edges.


Week 5 prompt was Perfect Day


Along with the following:
What is/ would be your perfect day?
Include a picture on your page.
Use some stamping on your page.


I used a Basic Grey diecut sheet as a stencil and coloured with Dylusions ink and Distress ink. the stamps are from Tim Holtz. the picture used is from a sheet of pics received from a Ranger class. The title is stamped on a napkin and adhered to the page. the stitching on the side of the picture is doodled on.



My journaling is placed on a card and slid in behind the picture and held on top with a paper clip.


Tomorrowbrings another crafty day. I am hoping to get caught up on my ATC's and other projects. dont forget to enter for my blog candy here and you can get an extra entry here. thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful evening. Angela

3 comments:

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Congratulations on becoming an aunt Angela. The baby looks so peaceful :)
I liked the doodles on your "perfect day".

Poppet said...

Please send my Congratulations to your Brother and his Wife on the birth of their beautiful son Albert, Auntie Angela. Isn't technology great, we would have had to wait ages for photos to be processed and sent but now we can receive them within minutes from across the world.

Great journal pages, love how you have incorporated the sweet wrapper into the background. and the hidden journalling behind the Paris picture is fab. :-) xx

zandra said...

Congrats! missed you at flanders! ;o(
Hugz, z