Wednesday 16 February 2011

Crafting Wednesday and more catching up.

Today was a fun day. A friend of mine came over and we crafted all day long(or at least till the kiddies got out of school).


First I played around with my new Dylusions inks catching up on my journal pages.
The Week 6 prompt was
Friends
  • Who, when, where.
  • What's your most memorable 'friend' story.
  • Use some kind of stencil decoration on your page.




So for my background I used Dylusions Acrylic paints and flower blossoms. I stamped the background with the flower blossom dipped in paint then I scraped the paint over top. Finally I used an alpha stencil and some white paint. The stamp is Tim Holtz and the cup is made from my napkin kit(it was a bowl and I added the handle). For my writing I chose to write about how I met my friend Vic(Victoria). We have been friends since early school.


Next was Week 7

And the prompt was Colour

  • What is your favourite colour and why
  • Use this as your main background for your page
  • Add a doodled border to your page

For this one I used Dylusions spray ink and flowers again to stamp with. I also added some splatters with a darker ink shade. The Bird is stamped along with the birdcage and the doodles are just drawn in black ink around the page.


Next up is my Paperless scrapbook page. Yep, not a shred of paper(unless you count the photos) the background is all painted and stamped on an acrylic sheet. The ribbons and trims are added on top. I will post tomorrow the how to tutorial for it.

And there is more....
Well this is not really creative but it is another way to use Dylusions spray inks. I have to make Belle a tiger costume for her dance show and we had the brill idea to ye the catsuit and fur orange since we could not find any. Well we dyed it "Goldfish orange" and it came out cream not so good.....What to do? Grab your Dylusions inks and spray away! We sprayed most of the fabric and the catsuit and it came out great. Now to just add the black trim stripes.


And lookie what arrived in the post last week! I won this great prize from The Stamp man blog hop! A set of starburst stains and video. Can't wait to play with them. Thanks Stamp Man!



Tomorrow is back to work and more sewing of Dance costumes for the show on Saturday. Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful night. Angela


4 comments:

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Congratulations Angela :)

Lynne said...

Hi Angela looks like you both had a fab day. Love your journal pages. L x

sam21ski said...

Well done on the win and fab journal pages xxxx

Karen Mortensen said...

Great work on your journal pages, they look fabulous! xx