Wednesday 9 February 2011

Fabric sampler swap - A Swap for all seasons

I am participating in A swap for all seasons Mini Fabric collage Winter swap. We were supposed to make a fabric collage for our partners and mail it by the 16th of February. For this swap I was paired up with the wonderful Valery. We Both finished and mailed ours early.


Today I received a nice little package from Mr Postman today. It was my fabric collage from my swap partner Valery. Now I had all intentions to wait to open it but it was so tempting... and lookie what I found inside.....








First there was a beautiful handmade tag with a nice little note from Valery. Then there were 2 packages so I just had to open the first.
So here was my collage I received from Valery. Isn't it beautiful. I love the colour and everything about it and look at the back. Isn't that sweet? Love the Butterfly.


But wait there is more....Another package. Valery made me 2 fabric collages. Isn't this one just fab too? love the bird it is just striking.


And again a personalization on the back....



And here they are both together. Just lovely aren't they? Thanks Valery! I love them.


WARNING.....SPOILERS AHEAD.

So now what did I send to Valery? Well because she did not receive it yet I cannot post the actual full project but I will post some snippets. Valery if you are reading their are spoilers beyond this point so please stop here....at least till tomorrow.
So now onto my project. .....Here it is all wrapped up ready to ship.....



and here are some snippets of my collage. I will post the full picture tomorrow.

I tried to make it in a shabby style with pinks and greens. I also painted some cats on canvas pieces to customise the piece. That is all I can say for now. Tomorrow I will post the full picture.
So now I am off to work on more costumes. The 12 white satin skirts are almost complete. Just edging and trims now. After that I have 3 more costumes to make. 1 mickey mouse, 1 old fashioned boy's swim suit and a tiger. No sleep for me tonight.
And I am off. Thanks for stopping in and don't forget there is still time to enter for my blog candy here. Have a wonderful evening. Angela



4 comments:

Lynne said...

They are all wonderful, it must have been like Christmas receive such beautiful items. Such a fabulous idea for a swap. Hope to see you soon. Hugs Lynne xx

Linda said...

Wow! I love the collages from Valery. What stunning color! I love the bird too! I can't wait to see more of your creation too!

Paula Clare said...

The colors are gorgeous! The bird is SO sweet! I love it!

genie said...

Wow!!! Valery is one sweet and talented gal. Those to collages are just so dear, and I know you are absolutely thrilled with them. Now we cannot wait to see yours...especially you tempted us just a wee bit. This is all such fun. I am so happy I participated. All the girls have created the most beautiful collages. It is such a treat looking at all of them. Genie