Friday 11 February 2011

A Swap for all Seasons Fabric Collage winter swap.

Here is the Fabric Collage I made for my swap Partner Valery in the Winter Swap at A Swap for all Seasons. I had never made a fabric collage before and the idea I had did not quite work the way I wanted. Valery liked Pinks, buttons, has 3 cats and liked a shabby style. So this was the final product



I sewed layers of CathKidston fabrics with a sheer white. Added some personal painted canvas pieces(I painted the cats). I hand sewed the flowers that were cut from another fabric piece. The tuling, feathers and buttons were added as trim along with the beaded fringe and ribbons. I was going to add beading along the edge of the flowers but it did not look right so I added Distress stickles to the edges. I also added a little gem topped pin in the tule . Valery liked it.

And here is a reminder of what My swap partner sent to me. I just love them both. She could not decide which to send so she sent me both. How sweet is that. I cannot decide which I like better. If you missed the original link for this post you can view all the details here.

Thanks to Linda over at A swap for all seasons for another wonderful swap. Can't wait for the next one........
Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful day. Angela

4 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oooh they are all gorgeous, the bright warm colours of the reds and pinks and then the cool blues - wonderful pieces of artwork xxxxx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

wow such beautiful pieces!

Poppet said...

Great pieces of art Angela. So much detail, I don't know how you all do it. :-) xx

Babe O'Mara said...

Oh, these are so lovely. Love all the details. Great job.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net