Wednesday 17 November 2010

What to do on a cold and cloudy day off.....




Do some crafting of course. Today I spent the day up in my craft room playing with some new ideas and techniques. I finished my ATC's for the ATC 12 days of Chrsitmas swap over at ATC Swappers. We had to make 12 of the same cards with Christmas/holiday theme. After a few trials and error attempts I finally settled on this design.







I used a snowman stamp from a misc set I bought at the range last year. He is coloured using Pro markers. The background is glossy card with Gel-a-Tins Snowflake stamps in perfect medium with Broken China Distress ink over top causing a resist effect. The border is hand drawn.

The next set of ATC's I finished are for the December swap over at The Stamp Man ATC swap. Once again after playing around with multiple techniques and ideas I decided on these 3.




My first card above has a stamped background using Tim Holtz Holly stamp in Pine Distress ink on Olive Background. The next layer is again Tim Holtz Christmas music stamp on white paper distressed with Old paper and Walnut Distress ink. The edges are torn and roughed with a paper edger. the branch stamp is also a Tim Holtz stamp embossed with Midnight Emerald Obsidian. The ornaments are stamped from the Range unknown set I bought last year. They are embossed with fine gold the coloured with Pro markers and added Stickles.
My next ATC caused me to go through many iterations. I wanted a background on gloss with a snowflake resist and embossed snowflakes but it did not work out so I changed ideas and went with the deer. The background is inked with Broken China and Dusty Concord Distress ink. I then stamped the Deer from the free stamp set in crafts beautiful (designed by Kirsty Wiseman). I coloured it in with Pro markers then went over with perfect medium and embossed with Moonglow Angel Wings Gold embossing powder. the border is from Tim Holtz Snowflake stamps embossed with Angel Wings Gold again. I then wend over the edges with the distress inks again to darken the colour.

My third card also had a couple iterations before deciding on the final. The background is stamped with Tim Holtz Holly stamp and perfect medium with Olive Distress ink over top for a resist. I then stamped the Tim Holtz Music stamp on white papers and inked with old paper then tore and distressed the edges. The evergreen branches are from Aspects of Design Christmas 1 stamp set and embossed with Moonglow Embossing powder Midnight Emerald Obsidian. I added the bow to look like the branches are tied together.
There were a few more projects I worked on but I cannot post them just yet. All in due timing. Now to finishing my prep for the Family craft night class I am teaching tomorrow at the school. We are making Baubles. I will post a pic of the completed class tomorrow. For now I will bid you good night. thanks for visiting and have a great evening. Angela

6 comments:

Dawnll said...

Wow you sure have been busy! Love the projects and so many techniques and products.
Great job sweetie

The Dolphin Inn said...

Oooooh lots of lovely inspiration for the atc swaps, looks like you have been very busy - great work, hope I get one in the swap xxx

Lynne said...

You have made some fabulous ATC's Angela. Lots of great techniques. Wish I was joining in the swap. Love Lynne xx

Poppet said...

Beautiful ATCs Angela, love the embossing you have done on them. I still haven't decided what to do for my ATC Swappers. I will have to get my thinking cap on. :-) xx

Julie said...

what great atc's love the snowman one.

Sandy Ang said...

Such wonderful vintagy cards for Christmas !