Tuesday 30 November 2010

Stampotique Designer's Challenge

Since tomorrow is craft day at school I would up off today instead of tomorrow so that gave me some fun crafty play time. I have been trying to catch up on my blog reading and came across the Stampotique Designer's Challenge blog. Now I have had some of these stamps for a bit now because I liked them but have not gotten the chance to play with them yet so what better time than now! Here is the card I did for the challenge. The theme is Bling and you have to use a Stampotique stamp.




I know it is simple but I really wanted to play with sewing a bit and with all the snow we have been having lately I though the Snowman was fitting. I stamped the image on white card then sewed a sheer blue over top using black thread. Before finishing the stitching I added some medium silver glitter from Pink Paisley under the fabric then finished the stitch creating a fabric type shaker box. Once stitched I frayed the fabric edges for a bit of a distressed look and inked the card edges with Black Soot Distress ink. I then painted a chibboard snowflake from Chip off the olds Block blue and added Basic Grey gems and Stickles glitter glue. Finally I added some black soot Distress stickles on top of the fabic as the snowman eyes and buttons. I thought about adding some color to the image but chose not to so as to keep the chilly snowy feeling throughout just like the weather.

Here shown above is a close up of the chipboard snowflake and below is a closeup of the snowman. I like the way the Distress Stickles give depth to the eyes.

I will set off with this image of my view this morning from my craft room of the snow. We have been getting a bit more every evening then it begins to melt during the day only to freeze again at night. It is a pretty site though. So calming and peaceful. Hope everyone is staying warm. Have a wonderful day. Angela


10 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love the fabric and the sewing! Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-creations!

Susan said...

Hi Angela, I am sorry i have not posted in a while, your art is really blo0ssoming, those paper piecings of the dogs are amazing!

Love your new banner, how big Belle is getting, so amazing!

anyway i have something for you :)
Please stop by:
http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/2010/12/5-special-blogs-getting-award.html

Hugs,
Sue G back in NJ

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Love your card :)
the stitching is fab!
..and your lil snowman looks like just how I feel about all this snow LOL!
Keep warm!
Jan x

Patty in Oz said...

Good morning Angela!

Your card is so cute.

Thank you too for your lovely created #1 matchbox. I'm the receiver and I just opened it this morning and love it.

Please visit my blog when you have a minute...I posted a photo of your matchbox and a little Christmas memory.

I must come back & visit your blog soon...it's lovely my friend. The title intriges me and I love what I see. It looks beautiful...and the Christmas trees 'up high' make me smile.

God's blessings,
Patty

Willy said...

Fabulous card, great snowflake! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 20.

Kaz said...

I love this card, the fabric makes it special. Thanks for joining us at Stampotoque - hope to see you again now you've found us x

Karen said...

Great card! I love the stitching and the sparkly snowflake. Beautiful job.

Vicki G said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for playing with us this week

Hugs

Vicki

Kim said...

This is just adorable! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Love love love the stitching you've added to this bling-ified project!! Wonderful feeling to it! Thank you so much for joining us for the Stampotique Challenge this week! We hope you'll join us again!
Cheers,
Val :)