Sunday 29 May 2011

New card for Less is more

I have been following this challenge site "Less is more" where you are asked to make a simple clean card within the given criteria. This weeks challenge is to put your image in one of the squares of the card(4 corners and center). I chose to put my image in the bottom right corner.
For my card I used Tim Holtz Spring stamps and light and dark green distress inks to stamp the shrub and accented it with Smooch white pearl inks. The butterfly is part of my napkin collage kit and is decoupaged onto the card. I actually like how simple the card looks. I'm think I may have to partake in this challenge more often as it is a nice break in between more complicated projects.
I have a few other projects I also completed today but cannot post them as they are still drying. I will post them later in the week.
I did have all intentions of taking a pic of all the cakes I baked and posting it but as always I ran out of time and was packaging them for the bake sale at the very last minute. The Party in the playground went well on Friday. Thankfully we had decent weather with only a few sprinkles throughout the evening.

Here is a shot of some of the dancing with the band. They have this great Irish band that comes to play. There was lots of food, games and festivities all evening. Everyone had a great time.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful evening. Angela

31 comments:

Beryl K said...

This is a fabulous card, I love it
Beryl x

Zoechaos said...

Perfect card wonderful. XOXO Zoe

Netty said...

Beautiful card

Linda said...

This a lovely...a beautiful card.
Linda

Carol said...

A beautiful card. Carol x

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card!

Janice said...

Lovely card, fits the challenge perfectly. Jx

elke verschooten said...

simply beautiful!!!

love it.

elke

Mandi said...

Absolutely stunning!
that look you have created with the ink is superb
Love it!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Suzilou said...

Gosh this is gorgeous. Love how you have used the different coloured inks and that butterfly is just fab :)

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is so pretty!

Kathyk said...

Your card is fab

Kathyk

Deb said...

This card is just stunning.

Viv said...

Such a pretty card, well done. Looks like you all had a great time too :O) Viv xx

Canonbury creations said...

Wonderful card love the images! Just checked out your creative space and am deeply envious, so much space and a view!! Check mine out:)
http://canonburycreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/cr84fncolorchallenge.html
Val x

GinaA said...

Such a dainty image, I love the fact there is no sentiment. Less is definitely more..

Ang C said...

A beautiful card

The Crafty Elf said...

Nice, nice, nice!

Sandra said...

Fab card, Sandra

Poppet said...

A fabulous card Angela, I love the understatedness(?) of it and the smooch adds a real sparkle. Everyone seems to have had a great time if you photo is anything to go by. :-) xx

Brenda Brown said...

Amazing card Angela - so classic and professional.
Glad your party went well - looks like great fun was had by all.
Have a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

StampingStace said...

This card is perfect - I love it!
Stacey x

Pauline said...

Beautiful CAS card, the pearly sheen is beautiful!

StampingStace said...

Just lovely!
Stacey x

Chrissie said...

This is absolutely fabulous Angela, I love the effect of the foliage and the butterfly is a little gem.
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Beautiful card, Angela! Love the foliage in the corner!
My card is HERE

Nine said...

Fab card !

Leah l'Orange said...

BEAUTIFUL! this is a great CAS design - and i agree about the Less is More blog! it was my first time playing but i LOVE the premise!

Vicky Hayes said...

I absolutely love your delicate design Angela. The butterfly looks as if it could fly away - it looks so real, and I love the touch of sparkle!

Anonymous said...

Just simply beautiful! :)

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

So pretty and delicate. Beautiful.
Great photo of the dancing too!