Tuesday 23 August 2011

Try it on Tuesday wild card week!

Its wild card week this week at Try it on Tuesday and the theme is "Hang it up" we are looking for any kind of hanging wall art. We also have a new team member Bee so be sure to go check it out on the blog as well as all the other wonderful inspiration from the rest of the team.
I chose to make a 3 tier hanging to using as decor in the new bathroom. I started with some wooden bases from Kaiser Kraft and sprayed them with Dylusions ink. Next I used a stencil and added some distress inks in pinks and greens for the harlequin pattern.
I stamped the writing using Tim Holtz stamps inked with Walnut distress ink and spritzed with water. Then I inked the swirls with Walnut ink. I used my Us Artquest Napkin Art kit to create the inside pictures.
Finally I added the flowers, leaves, brads and liquid pearl trim. All the panels are held together with 2 strips of material. Hope you like it!

Now be sure to check out the rest of the lovely inspiration at the Try it on Tuesday blog and show us your creations! thanks for stopping in and have a lovely day. Angela

4 comments:

sam21ski said...

Hi Angela

Are you all sorted now, do you have all your belongings back with you now? I do hope so.

Love your fab creation and thanks for introducing us to your new DT member.

Sam xxx

Bee and Dee said...

Lovely wall hanging, thanks for your welcome. Hugs Bee

Anne said...

As usual - I love it. Anne

Anonymous said...

Angela, Your wallhanging is wonderful! I would like permission to repost your artwork to the USArtQuest blog, with credit back to your blog? I believe our artists would enjoy seeing this.
Sue (aka Susan Pickering Rothamel)