Saturday, 23 October 2010
The Paris ATC uses a Stamp from Hero ArtsEmbossed with midnight copper Obsidian Moon Glow powder.(loving this embossing powder!) I then sponged the background with distress inks and stamped white designs on the background with an Anna Griffin stamp. I then stamped a floral swirl along the side with Tim Holtz stamps and distress ink. Once dry I wiped everything with a baby wipe and then added some white accents using Dylusions white paint and a plastic card.
The Egypt ATC is made using gold foiling on the title stamp, accents and edging. the background is stamped in Old paper distress ink using a mesh stamp out of a holiday set from The Stamp Man. The face and title stamps are Art impressions. The face is coloured with promarkers and the headpiece is added using fusible webbig dipped in Moon glow embossing powders. There is then more fusible webbing heated on top of the headpiece to make it look old. This is the first time I used the fusible webbing and I absolutely love it. I gotta get me more of that!
The Asian ATC is done using UTEE and Moon glow powders along with stazon. The stamps are from Habico. I then cracked the UTEE and foiled the edges of the card. It is hard to see all the detail. this is one that looks much better in person. I was going for the old China pottery look.
Now it is off to bed for the start of a busy week. Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful weekend. Angela
Thursday, 7 October 2010
The second part was a recipe:
One piece of fabric
Two die cut shapes
Three colours from your chosen kitchen.
My fabric piece is in back of the photo for mounting. It is a piece of white cotton.
My 2 diecut shapes are flourishes by Chip off the olde block. I painted them with gesso then places a mesh fabric over them and painted again to leave a texture. I then added some edging with brown and some pink and green paint accents.
My 3 colours are Pink, green and yellow from the kitchen. I used papers from The girls paperie, Prima flowers along with some handmade flowers, beaded branches and flourishes(A tutorial for the beaded embellishments can be found here.)
Above is a closeup of the beaded flourishes I made. the tutorial can be found here.
I really liked how the background paper turned out. I was going for that worn wood plank look with the whitewash so I used strips of brown and painted them streaky with gesso then added touches of crackle paint. I then added a touch of old paper Distress ink to the edges and the crackle bits to age them and glued the strips down in a random pattern on the paper.
And below shows the hidden journaling
Because of the strange title I added a hidden journal tag behind the photo. It is pulled out when you pull on the flower to the side of the photo. I gave the page the title " The calm before the storm" because this is a picture that was taken Easter Sunday 2006 just before we got the call that Mom was back in the hospital with internal bleeding from her last Chemo treatment. Little did we know then but it was the beginning of a hellish few days. Mom Passed away a few days later in Hospital. The picture just reminds me of how peaceful things seemed that Easter Sunday before the call. We had spent a wonderful day on Good Friday with Mom, Pop, Sister and the kids just Dying eggs and having fun. Little did we know the tough week looming ahead of us.
I really enjoyed Scrapping this photo and the memories it brought good and bad, and I am really happy with the way the page turned out. Now its off to finish up chores before bed. Have a wonderful night and thanks for stopping in. Angela
Wednesday, 6 October 2010
This layout uses Basic grey and K and Company papers as well as trims from Rusty Pickle, diecut title from Chip off the olde block, Prima flowers and leaves and misc vintage buttons. I also added some of my own hand made buttons and Wire swirls. This is another favourite picture of Belle. It was taken in Picture people in the States. I used to take her there every few months since they always came out so cute. Well I guess I need to get back to my work now. I will leave you with a wish for a wonderful day. thanks for stopping in. Angela
Tuesday, 5 October 2010
Now back to my to do list. Here is the pile of stuff I am using for another challenge. I will post it when I am done. I also have Octobers ATC's for the stamp man and my matchboxes to finish up this morning before heading off to work at school in the afternoon. So I better get crackin...Thank for sharing this moment with me and I hope you have a wonderful day! Angela
Sunday, 3 October 2010
It is hard to see but the all have a lot of flocking on them.that is why they look like the are not stamped very clear. It is just the flocking effect. I wanted to use my new Tim Holtz stamps for some. I also used stamps from Stampin Up, Little Yellow Bicycle and Close to My Heart. the flock is from Doodle Bug and Stampendous. to colour the cards I used Distress inks and Gesso. I also used Making Memories flocking and foil kit rub ons for the house, witch and some word images and Stickles accents. For the card with the jar I stamped with Stazon on plastic packaging then used alcohol inks for colouring and cut out.
Here is a closeup of the cards to see a bit of the flocking. Some of it locks like glitter but that is just a reaction from the flash on the camera.