Friday 6 April 2012

New challenge at the Stamp Man

the new challenge is up at The stamp man and the theme this fortnight is "Vellum". I decided to make a candle holder.

First I started with and ordinary drinking glass(although this was one that was a bit stained up from my paints.)
Next I cut a piece of A4 vellum in half and stamped my butterflies them embossed in clear and colored the back side using Distress inks.

Next I stamped the script inking my stamp with Time Holtz Distress stain in Walnut and heat dried it.
Once dry I took a baby wipe and wiped gently across the vellum. to create a smeared effect (When done this looked like white birch wood)

Next step was to glue the Vellum around the glass then snip and roll the edges out on the top of the glass. Once that was done I created more butterflies using the above technique with embossing and cut them out to add to decorations. The flower is done with vellum cut out using Tim Holtz Tattered florals die. I then layered the pieces and inked with Mustard seed Distress ink. I then spritzed the vellum with water and dried with a heat gun. this caused the petals to curl in naturally. I added it to a bit of twine and there you have it in a nutshell!

Now don't forget there is a gift certificate up for grabs from The Stamp Man for one lucky winner. So don't be shy come and join us for another great challenge.

Now I am off on holiday! thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful day. Angela





Materials used:
Distress Stains - Walnut Stain
Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die
Vellum
Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Broken china, Blue Jean, Walnut stain.
Aspects of design - On Gossamer wings stamp set
Tim Holtz Papillon stamp set
Black Archival ink
Clear embossing powder
Twine
drinking glass

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Stunning Angela... so clever how you used the vellum for this glass! These Tim Holtz stamps are my favourites :)

Wishing you a Happy Easter and a wonderful Holiday!

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Wow Angela, your butterfly candle holder is gorgeous.
Have a good holiday.
Siobhan x

Mrs.B said...

WOW Angela, this is a fabulous project. love the techniques used.
Have a great weekend.
Avril

Heidi said...

Absolutely beautiful, this would look gorgeous on my sideboard, might just have to have a go, hugs heid x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous way to use vellum Angela, this is gorgeous.
Have a great holiday and have a Happy Easter weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Kim x said...

Wow Angela this is just stunning, I love it. I will have to have a go at some of the things that you have done to the vellum.
hugs Kimx

mandysea said...

That is absolutely stunning!! Wow!

Love the all the fabby Tim Holtz products you've used!!

Happy Easter!!!

Anne said...

Angela it looks stunning - how do you manage to come up with all these wonderful ideas. Cheers Anne