Thursday 29 March 2012

finally a bit of time for me.

With the longer days there just seem to be so many things to get done and no time to relax lately. Yesterday I finally had a bit of time to catch up on some much needed crafting time. They have so many wonderful layouts ready to be jacked this month over at Scrap Jacked I could not wait to dive in and get something done. For this layout I chose to jack Bec's. I knew I wanted to use this pic but had a hard time selecting papers with the colors in the photo. all my dance related papers are pinks, purples and such. I finally decided on Basic Gray Marrakesh with a added misc background music paper that matched nicely. The flowers are die cut from recycled inky paper towels using Tim Holtz Tattered florals die. (one of my favs). the brads are mostly all from BG too. The doily was spayed using the same Dylusions ink(or at least I think so) that was on the recycled paper towels. I tend to lay the towels down under my spraying surface and use them to mop up excess when spraying then save them for projects like this. I just love there texture and such.

Well aside from another layout (which I will share later)for the SYAO challenge I was not able to get much else done before having to take on my role as family chauffeur for afters school activities. Today I have to work on a little project for my friends daughters birthday. Hoping to finish and share that later then maybe do another jack from Scrap Jacked tomorrow before work. One can always hope right?

Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous layout, the dance class looks fun.
Yvonne

Deb said...

A great take on Bec's page, Angela. Those papers look wonderful with your photo and I love your flowers.

Julie said...

great take on becs page. thanks for playing with us at SJ.

Unknown said...

the blue certainly pops out from the page....thanks for playing along at Scrapjacked