Thursday 5 January 2012

double digits.....

Yesterday my baby turned 10. I cannot believe she is in the double digits now. Seems like yesterday she was just a baby on my lap. where does the time go? She wanted me to make her a cake again and wanted butterflies. Of course my Tim Holtz stamps came in handy. I stamped all the butterflies on vellum and colored with my Promarkers. I then gluedotted them to Tooth picks and placed them around the cake. Belle loved it. The cake itself was a Victoria sponge one of her favorites.


Belle had lots of Pressies to open so she opened them in size order saving the biggest for last of course she had to fight off Sun(our furbaby) while opening her gifts. Sun loves to open pressies and gets very jealous if she does not have anything to open so she started to open Belles.
Sorry I had to black out the family as they are not too thrilled being on my blog.

Below is a pic of the butterflies when they were taken out of the cake. So pretty.
So it was a lovely evening. Today was spent cleaning up and tidying the house including my craft room which was torn apart right before we left for Orlando. Now its all nice and neat and ready to start crafting in.

Now I am off to tidy up the dishes from tea. Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful day. Angela

2 comments:

Anne said...

Please say Happy Birthday to Belle. Pretty butterflies for a pretty girl. Anne and Graham

mandysea said...

Happy birthday to Belle! Love the cake - how special!