Tuesday 22 November 2011

Shrink Plastic

The theme this week at The Try it on Tuesday challenge Blog is "Honey I shrunk the Plastic" or Shrink Plastic in more general terms. We would like to see you use some type of Shrink film in your project. For my project I used shrink plastic to create a pin that attaches to a gift card.
I die cut the shrink film using Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die then stamped using the music sheet from Tim's Christmas stamps. I then shrunk and colored the flowers using red Promarkers. The swirls are also cut from shrink film and heated into a shrunken shape. They are colored using gold ink and gold stickles. The pieces are then all glued together and adhered to the pin. The card is done using masking techniques with the scraps from my flower.

Now if you head on over to the TIOT blog you can get some more great inspirations for working with Shrink plastic from the Design team and our wonderful guest Designer Corry.

Wishing you a wonderful week and thank you very much for stopping by. Angela

3 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Angela - the brooch is gorgeous. I also have those two TH dies, and have never thought of using them with shrink plastic - what a fabulous idea and a great result.
Sylvia x

Anne said...

Shrink plastic - now we never did that!! Love the pin. Anne

PatR said...

Beautiful Angela what a gorgeous gift. xx