Thursday 13 October 2011

A day of crafting

Today I went up to Scrappers Cove in Milltown to get supplies and ideas for Belles Communion cards. As I only have a few days to make them it is a hurry up job. While we were in England she missed making her 1st communion with the rest of her class so now that we are back the church finally gave us a date and of course it is only a few weeks away. I have to get all the invites done and out by the end of the week Arrgh.
It was a nice day out of crafting though and I did get a little done as well as deciding on a card design. Above is a layout I did using the Monthly Layout pack from Scrapers Cove and added some Dylusions ink, cardboard, letters, Pearls flourishes and handmade flowers.

Below is a picture of the final card I am going to use for the communion invites. I used Aspects of Design Lace stamps from The Stamp Man for the background embossed clear on white card then rubbed over with faded Jean Distress ink. the Girl stamp is from Stampotique and colored with Promarkers then embossed clear. the ribbon is then added and a cross sticker from Moxie edged in gold foil is added to the middle.
i also got to pick up my new Fall distress ink set from Tim Holtz. They are fab. I cannot wait to use them . I am going with the girls this Saturday to craft for the day. I cannot wait. It will be nice to get away.
Now I am off to finish Dinner then help with homework. Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have a wonderful evening. Angela

No comments: