Friday, 2 September 2011

A new project

This is a project I did but it wound up being an oops one as I used the wrong materials. So I figured I would share anyway. It is a birthday cake made entirely of UTEE and tissue paper with a touch of Stickles.
Here is a closeup. The base is done by pouring melted UTEE mixed with Flex on top of Tissue paper stamped with Wendy Vecchi's stamps and TH Distress inks. The pieces are then trimmed while still warm and rounded into place. The trim is added using Stickles and white liquid pearls. The tissue paper flowers are made using TH Alterations Tattered florals die(smallest flower) and the white flowers are melted Seafoam white EP dropped onto a non-stick mat. The stars are also Seafoam white EP drizzled onto the mat to dry. the top white flower in the center is made from wire dipped into Clear UTEE, Seafoam White EP and Flex mixture heated in melting pot. I really had alot of fun making it. Hope you enjoy.
Now I am off to visit with my Dad. We have not seen him in months so it will be a nice trip. We also get to see baby AC tomorrow I am sure he is getting so big. I cannot wait.
Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful day. Angela


Brenda Brown said...

What an amazing project Angela, so original and ingenious, I love it.
Have fun catching up with your family - it must be lovely to be able to see them all again.
Have a good weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

sam21ski said...


I trust you've settled back in okay now and have all your craft stuff back in had!! Hope so.

And WOW I was amazed when you said you'd only used UTEE, tissue paper and stickles, it really is amazing.

Sam xxx

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

This looks so real!! I thought you'd taken up cake decorating!! FANTASTIC!!!

TA Carbone said...

Angela this came out great. Your amazing

aka TA

Basement Stamper said...

what an amazing creation! I thought for sure it was a real cake.